In celebration of Film Score Click Track’s first birthday, I am sponsoring a contest called “What Film Music Means To Me”. Over the past year, I’ve rambled on about my feelings for this very special art form. Now I want to hear what YOU have to say!
As my thanks, you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate sponsored by Screen Archives Entertainment, your one stop shop for great film music.
The contest is open to ANYONE in the U.S. or internationally. You must complete both of the following items to be eligible to win:
- Sign up for the Film Score Click Track newsletter here or in the sidebar.
- Leave a comment below–50 words or less–on the theme, ”What Film Music Means To Me”.
The contest will end 11:59 PM EST Thursday, April 22. At that time the comments will be turned off, but you can still sign up for the newsletter.
The winner will be contacted by email on Monday, April 26, and announced here on the site in a special post that week.
To maintain a sense of honesty and fair play with regard to people and email addresses I might recognize, I will not be judging the entries. Tim Curran, Managing Editor of Film Score Monthly Online, will be doing the honors.
SO WHY SIGN UP FOR THE NEWSLETTER?
I’ve never sent out a newsletter from this site. But as we roll into our second year, I would like to build a sense of community and communicate with my readers on a more personal level.
At the moment, I have plans to issue the newsletter on a monthly basis. If it takes off, that may increase. But that’s further down the road. Either way, I will NOT flood your inbox with a bunch of emails and useless information. This will be a learning process for me and the information contained in the newsletter will be dictated by your feedback.
I have a lot of exciting plans for the site in the coming year. As a newsletter subscriber, you will get first notification of those plans, as well as subscriber-only film music information to boot!
A FEW THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
- Please make sure you 1) sign up for the newsletter AND 2) leave a comment. (Remember, 50 words or less, please.) If you miss one or the other, you will not be eligible to win.
- Please use the same email in both places as that will be the method of checking that eligibility requirements are met.
- Your email address will NOT–and I mean will NOT–be used by, traded, or sold to any third party lists.
Help me get the word out by publicizing the contest on Facebook, Twitter, etc., and your own site.
I’m looking forward to the next leg of our journey in celebration of film music. And I can’t wait to read what film music means to you! Thanks in advance for your participation and support. Good luck!